At Swisso Kalmo, health and wellbeing focused programmes are a vital part of our service. We work to:
- Heal and relieve the suffering of Somali people experiencing ill health
- Deliver high quality wellbeing, relationship, and sexual health services
- Reach out to young Somali people and those within other disadvantaged communities
- Enhance and expand our education programmes across the UK
- Advocate and campaign for improved health outcomes for Somali people in the UK
Training and Employment
We provide employment, skills development, and training opportunities to the Somali youth here in the UK.
We offer support with training and employment advice, as well as providing workshops, drop-in sessions, one-to-one support, volunteering opportunities, work placements, and apprenticeships, across the following sectors and beyond:
Support for Asylum seekers and refugees
We provide essential support for refugees and asylum seekers, providing training in basic skills to help them find work, general education and language skills, temporary accommodation, and access to leisure facilities to facilitate integration and understanding within the wider community.
Support for Ex-offenders
We seek to support ex-offenders when they leave prison and return to society, principally providing assistance with rehabilitation, employment, advice, and training support.
Swisso Kalmo helps communities affected by war and draught.
We provide a range of services and programmes covering health, nutrition, TB, malaria, HIV/AIDS awareness, food security, livelihood development, agriculture and water and sanitation .
Our work covers the following areas:
- Health Care
- Water and Sanitation – WASH
- Food Security and Livelihoods
- Education and Training
- Food security and livelihood development
For further information about our International activities, please visit the Swisso Kalmo website.